During this unprecedented time, we want to reassure you that your Recovery Cafe Network team is here to support you. COVID19 is affecting all of our communities in ways large and small, with more impact being realized with each passing hour. It is our intent to continue to provide you all with the support, transparency and connection we all depend on.
Our Recovery Cafes here in Seattle and SODO will continue to serve our members during our usual operating hours. We are taking extra precautions to keep our members, staff and volunteers safe while staying true to our mission of being a place of hope and healing for all who enter our spaces.
Here in Seattle, we are continuing to monitor the COVID19 situation on an hourly basis. Our teams at both Seattle and SODO sites have transitioned from self serve to a Trained Person serving all drinks and meals at both sites. Additionally, we have requested that all staff who are able to work remotely do so for the time being.
As impacts and recommendations related to COVID19 will vary widely across geographies, it’s important to remain connected to communications and instructions from your state and local health departments. Your local state health authority will have various ways to stay up to date with alerts through social media. Get connected and start following!
Recovery Cafe Network will post updates to our Website, this RCN Blog, and our Facebook and LinkedIn
pages. If you haven’t liked or followed us yet, now is a great time to do so!
In this post we have included several links that will help direct you to the most useful, fact based information.
- CDC – COVID-19 Main Page (Updated frequently) https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
- CDC- Share Facts About COVID-19 (PDF) https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/share-facts-h.pdf
- CDC – Hand Washing https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/campaign.html#anchor_1569614328
- CDC – Stop the Spread of Germs (PDF) https://globalhandwashing.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/stop-the-spread-of-germs.pdf
- CDC – Print Resources https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/communication/factsheets.htmlh
- CDC- Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Recommendations https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/organizations/cleaning-disinfection.html
- Sanitation & Hygiene Guide for Homeless Service Providers https://www.kingcounty.gov/depts/health/locations/~/media/depts/health/homeless-health/sanitation-hygieneguidance-for-homeless-service-providers.ashx
In Gratitude and Solidarity,
Recovery Cafe Network Team